Registration for the BIGOSA 2021 Scientific Meeting is now open. Registration fees are lower for the virtual meeting than for in person, thanks in large part to our generous sponsors whose support makes it possible for us to keep fees low.
Discounted registration rates are offered to nurses, students, registrars / residents and fellows. General registration rates are for everyone else (Dr/Prof/MD/PhD/ Physicians).
All rates are stated in South African Rand (ZAR).
Discounted Fee: Member
General Fee: Member
Discounted Fee: Non-member
General Fee: Non-member
The registration fees include:
- Access to the Novartis Breakfast Seminar.
- Access to all BIGOSA 2021 Virtual Scientific Meeting sessions.
- Access to the BIGOSA 2021 Virtual Scientific Meeting exhibition.
- Meeting proceedings
Claiming CPD Points
The BIGOSA 2021 Scientific Meeting has been awarded 1 Level 1 Clinical point for the Breakfast Symposium and 8 Level 1 Clinical points for the Scientific Meeting by the South African Medical Association.
In order to claim your points, you will be required to submit a CPD certificate; this certificate will be issued by the meeting organisers after the Scientific Meeting has concluded.
- By logging in and participating in the Virtual Meeting using your individual profile (i.e. the account you will create on the virtual platform) your session participation will be automatically tracked and points awarded accordingly.
- Certificates will only be issued to registered and fully paid-up participants.
BIGOSA 2021 VIRTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The BIGOSA 2021 Virtual Scientific Meeting (hereafter “Meeting”) is hosted by the Breast Interest Group of Southern Africa (BIGOSA) (hereafter “Host”) and organised by African Agenda (Pty) Ltd (hereafter “Organiser”).
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Completed registrations will be acknowledged within 5 working days, at which stage the registration is a confirmed commitment subject to the cancellation terms below.
- Invoice payment terms: 10 working days from date of invoice.
- All registration payments must be made to African Agenda (Pty) Ltd t/a BIGOSA..
3.1. Unless agreed to in writing, all registration payments must be made in South African Rand (ZAR).
3.2. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the registrant.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by the Organiser at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1. Cancellations received before 1 October 2021will receive a full refund less a 10% handling fee.
4.2. Cancellations received from 1 October 2021 will receive a 50% refund.
4.3. No refunds will be provided for cancellations received on or after 15 October 2021.
- Registrations may be transferred only if the Organiser is informed in writing at this email address: email@example.com.
- Registrations may not be shared. The access link and code provided is for the sole benefit of the registrant, shared access codes and links will not be issued, and access links and codes may not be shared with or loaned to others.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of the personal data you provide to participate in the Meeting. The following information will assist you to be fully informed before you submit any personal data. Please review the following and give your consent for your personal data to be processed.
- What is personal data?
You will be required to submit personal data, including contact and demographic information that identifies you personally (e.g. name, address, email address, phone number, etc.) to participate in the Meeting.
The Organiser will use this information for the following purposes: (a) enabling your Meeting participation; (b) communicating Meeting-related information to you; (c) marketing BIGOSA news and opportunities that may interest you; and (d) sharing limited personal data with Meeting sponsors, exhibitors, and third parties that perform services on behalf of the Host and the Organiser.
- Why are we processing your personal data?
We require your personal data to facilitate your participation in the Meeting. This may include some or all of the following types of participation: abstract submission, sponsorship or exhibition booking, registration, and Meeting sponsor and exhibitor follow ups.
- Other parties that will have access to your personal data.
Your personal data will only be shared with third parties in order to facilitate the organisation of the Meeting. These third parties could include, but are not limited to, the provider of the Meeting virtual platform, couriers, and Meeting sponsors and exhibitors. Third parties that contact you post-Meeting are required by the Organiser to offer you the option to “opt out” of communications.
- How long will we store your personal data?
The Host and Organiser may use this information for as long as they remain active in conducting any of the above purposes.
- The right to enquire about your personal data.
You retain the right to ask us about your personal data at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries you may have.
- Data Controller Contact and Nominated Data Protection Officer
BIGOSA 2021 Virtual Meeting, c/o African Agenda, Meeting Organiser
120 Belvedere Road, Claremont, 7708, South Africa
DISCLAIMER AND WAIVER
As a condition of my participation in the Meeting, I hereby release the Host and the Organiser, and their officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against all liability for damage or injury that may arise from my participation.
The Host and the Organiser intend to audio and video record the Meeting and may use this content in their news and promotional material, and in print, electronic, and other media. By registering for the Meeting, I grant the Host and the Organiser the right to use any image, photograph, audio or video recording, or other likeness of me, without limitation, for the Meeting and the Host’s promotional materials and publicity efforts, without compensation. I agree that media may be displayed, distributed, or used by the Host and the Organiser for any reasonable promotional purpose, and that all media become the property of the Host.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Host reserves the right to cancel the Meeting without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure, or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the Meeting which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”. For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall mean any incident, circumstance, or cause which renders delivery of the Meeting substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of the Host or Organiser. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
• Strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
• Fire, flood, drought, water shortages, or adverse weather conditions;
• Power failure;
• Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
• Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors, or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards the Host or Organiser;
• Promulgation, amendment, or rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local, provincial, or national government; and
• Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for the Meeting to be cancelled.
In such circumstances the Host and the Organiser are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any registrant, participant, partner, supplier, or other service provider for any loss or damage, save that the Organiser shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by the Organiser, but after deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Meeting.
This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of, e.g., registrants, participants, partners, suppliers, service providers, etc.) to third parties such as suppliers or service providers.